1. Light Top (top above is from here). I think a light top is best because since it's light you will be very comfy and you won't get sweaty. Comfort is key when it comes to your traveling outfit. It's also very simple, so it can go with anything if you want to make your own version of the perfect traveling outfit.
2. Stretchy Pants (jeans above are from here). Any bottoms with stretch are fine I just prefer skinny jeans. I like to stretch my legs in the plane, so that's why I like to wear stretchier bottoms. Also when traveling the airport or plane can be cold sometimes, so longer bottoms are good for that.
3. Flat Shoes (shoes above are from here). With traveling comes a lot of walking, so always wear flat shoes. Sandals, flats, and sneakers are good choices. I usually wear shoes that are very easy to take on and off because when your in the air your feet swell. I also change into socks when I get into the plane.
4. Travel Bag (bag above is from here). You will definitely want to take a bag with you to carry on because it can hold a lot of the little things you will need. Some things are electronics, food, jacket, blanket, makeup bag, pillow, and etc.
5. Another tip is to wear your hair up because your hair can get extremely gross looking from the plane ride. If you wear your hair down I suggest wearing a hat through the airport. Hats are really great for bad hair days. You can also put a hat in your carry on bag.