Thursday, October 10, 2013

Halloween: Mermaid

Halloween
Dressing up as a Mermaid for Halloween is difficult I think because it can go in the wrong direction really fast. When people hear mermaid they probably think of Ariel, but whenever people dress up as Ariel it can be a little cheesy/kiddy. You don't have to have a swimsuit top and tail on for the costume. You can find other items with similarities that will have the same feel, but in a more adult look. With that said I chose this sequin skirt to symbolize the tail, but you can actually wear this any time of the year. I also really liked the necklace above because it's a mermaid and the tail looks like the skirt.

What do you think of the Mermaid idea for Halloween?

1. Corset Top | Tilly's $15
2. Sequin Skirt | Sabine $150
3. Gold Sandals | Asos $30
4. Mermaid Necklace | SwayChic $5

4 comments:

  1. So pretty! :)

    xx MJ
    http://shopaholic-thoughts.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's the type of Halloween costume I'm up for! I'm very anti-scary, bloody, gory Halloween costume (I know that's the whole point of Halloween), but I like to dress up 'pretty' and this would sure do the trick.

    Monica, www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a cool costume idea! I love the gold skirt!
    - Charlotte
    http://fashiongirl134.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I like how you modernized the idea of a mermaid look!

    ReplyDelete

Don't go yet, leave a comment! I can't wait to read it!