Friday, November 1, 2013

Stripes & Plaid

Fall
My two favorite patterns are stripes and plaid, so this is one of my favorite outfits on my blog. I don't think a person can have to many striped and plaid items in their closets especially for fall and winter. They are so easy to mix together because they are so close to each other. Those two patterns are pretty much in the same pattern family. Because I put two different patterns in one outfit I made sure to keep everything else in the outfit very simple. So I just went with a basic black leather jacket great for fall, basic lace-up booties which are very big right now, and a black bucket bag which is also really big right now.

Patterns can be really tricky when it comes to mixing them. I try to keep the patterns basic and not so bold because it's easiest that way. Here are some tips when mixing patterns: 1. get patterns in similar color(s) (for example if one print is a shade of red try to find another print in another shade of red), 2. get one pattern in neutral colors and the other pattern can be in fun colors (above is an example of that), 3. get one pattern in a bigger size and the other  pattern in a smaller size (that will make the outfit not so busy looking), and 4. get patterns that are close in look (above is an example of that).

What are your favorite patterns and patterns to mix?

1. Leather Jacket | Topshop $85
2. Striped Top | Wood Wood $100 (other option 1)
3. Bucket Bag | Asos $44 (other option 1)
4. Plaid Skirt | Alice & Olivia $180 (other options 1,2,3,4,5)
5. Lace-Up Booties | Zara $90 (other options 1,2,3,4,5)

17 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this outfit you have chosen. It all goes so well together. I would definitely wear this. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these heels. Overall I love all set but these heels, so beautiful!

    http://happinessvictim.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The skirt is so beautiful! Love the selections

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are my favourite patterns since ever! I love them! separeted or combined in the same look :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great advice on how to mix/match patterns! I'm a huge fan of doing this--makes a look that much more interesting and appealing :) I think those shoes are my favorite...

    Aloha from Hawaii,
    <3 Jenn from Cao Bella

    ReplyDelete
  6. UGH that skirt. I have one in grey but it's not plaid! same shape. Love!

    doitfortheirony.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skater skirts are one of my favorite shapes for skirts. They look good on any body type which makes them great for anyone to have in their closet.

      Delete
  7. I love stripes and plaid together.

    Kate from Clear the Way

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blog! Great way to put everything together!
    Amanda via The Wise Brunette

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your blog! Great style post! The shoes are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this look! Plus wearing plaid is one of my favorite things about the fall and winter season!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just bought the cutest plaid shirt the other day...I love it! I have also been loving black outfits. I feel like both black and plaid go so well with each other. I love the blog!

    Nat,
    http://www.stylestun.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like very much this outfit!!
    xo Stéphie

    www.turning-p.net

    ReplyDelete

Don't go yet, leave a comment! I can't wait to read it!